Thursday

They be all lived and s*&t




Amazingly enough, the toads made it to maturity. Well, they got their legs at least. Mature? I can't begin to speculate, but they were not fighting amongst themselves and were eating lots behind my back.
Not that we didn't lose a few as tadpoles (toadpoles?), but I tend to think that's unavoidable. I set up a really nice environment for them and dug up insects and such. Apparently, I am they type of person to buy maggots. Yup. I couldn't find anything tiny and suitable for the critters, so I bought.maggots. *sigh* fortunately, they did eat them up, yum, and the 7 were realized to Elsie's magnificent backyard, where they are no doubt hanging up their twinkling party lights and settling in for a spoiled Summer. They have a smörgåsbord of delicacies and their own swimming pool. Sweet.

3 comments:

becca said...

ha! I now see they were "realized" into the wild. Not an entirely bad typo. Does it make sense to anyone else or is the motherflippin heat just getting to me?

Elsie said...

It totally makes sense to me! I haven't seen the little critters, but I can hardly find the SB when he is out there, so even a whole herd of teeny toads would be elusive. I keep hoping to see them though. We still have water in the pond, but who knows how much longer with the dryness.

Anonymous said...

They live!!!!!!
I am sure those are the ones from my classroom.