Friday

I'm It!

I got tagged for a meme! By Starrhillgirl! We don't both have "star" in our fake names! Oh, boy!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Yes, please. And recently? Soy Nog. So good in french toast!


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
In paper with Santa on it of course. Although Other Santas I Know even leave the price tags on the unwrapped gifties.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Both. Although last year was just white lights on the tree. Just. Lights. Lovely. And we don't have an outlet outside . . . but I am always tempted by the displays at CVS . . . And I do wish for candled windows.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes! I am all about the pilfering of smooches.


5. When do you put your decorations up?

Tomorrow!


6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

Flanagan Heart Attack. Ok, that sounds terrible. But it's eggs and cheese and bacon and sour cream. Usually served with a side of Cinnamon Rolls (homemade, of course)



7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child.

Opening stockings in my parents bed with my 4 sisters. Always an orange at the bottom.


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I will blame that on my older sisters.
Although, admittedly it may be inaccurate.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?

Yes, with the in-laws.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

We have some funny homemade ornaments and some "classy" ones. Usually there one box labeled : Kids can Open. I do the others.


11. Snow! Love it or dread it?

love, love, love, LOVE

12. Can you ice skate?

Why, yes I can!
I choose not to very often.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

Folks have been very generous to me over the years . . .


14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Staying in pajamas late.
It's all about the Vacay.

15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?

Bark from Uncle Sam's Candy,
a company in my Mom's home town.

16. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?

Well, when I was a kid it was obnoxious things like singing the ABCs in church instead of the actual words to Joy to the World at the end of mass. Try it! It works!
My entire gigantic family would participate and have the giggles. Then Christmas morning, my Dad blaring the Hallelujah chorus to get us out of bed. These years, with my boys, hearing them rustling in bed and remembering what day it is, to have them come thundering in our room...

17. What tops your tree?

a perforated
paper star with a light inside - a hand me down from the folks.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?

If I could get it together more often: giving. I am full of want to make everything for everyone.


19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I'll have a Blue Christmas without You. Little Drummer Boy.


20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?

Yum!

Your turn C'ville Elsie! AND Tag! I.d.a.