Friday

Swimming Suit

Well, over here I promised an update on my fascinating swimsuit project. Last year I bought an old fashion-y suit that I loved. Metal zipper and hooks, handmade from the look of it.

Loved the print and the fabric, the cut, and it pretty much fit, too. 'Ceptin' the bust, which I could not attempt to fill out with my chest, which is not at all bullet-shaped. Commence the alterations.


First, I had to remove the boning. In this case, it wasn't bone or plastic, but metal. Coiled together, looking like a flattened slinky.
















So then all I had to do was fit it to me and whipstitch it closed, which I accomplished poolside, while wearing a different suit of course.
Voila!


























1 comment:

starrhillgirl said...

woohoo.... quite the boob shot!